WATER- AND FROST-RESISTANT
EASY TO USE
CAN BE USED AT LOW TEMPERATURES
|Maximum particle size||0.63 mm|
|Recommended layer thickness||5 to 15 mm|
|Mortar mix effective life *||at least 2 hours|
|Compressive strength after 28 days *||at least 7.5 MPa|
|Freeze-thaw durability||at least 50 cycles|
|Thermal conductivity||0.35 W/(m•K)|
|Operating temperature||-30°С to +70°С|
|Dry mix consumption for building 1 m³ of blocks with a layer thickness of 10 mm:||about 70 kg|
* Under normal conditions – temperature +20°С, relative air humidity 60%.
In the case of working under conditions other than normal the values may deviate from those given in the table.
building of walls and partitions with heat-saving blocks (ceramic, aerated concrete, claydite-concrete, etc.), indoors and outdoors. Siltek M-4 mix is efficient for filling joints and seams between blocks and all types of minerals (except for gypsum) surfaces.
high quality cement PC I-500, perlite, graded aggregates, modifying additives.
Surface preparation (according to DSTU-N B А.3.1-23:2013, DBN V.2.6-22-2001):
• block surface should be strong, with no considerable damage, and free from dust, dirt, oil and any substances that reduce adhesion.
Preparation of mortar mix:
• pour water in a clean working container at the rate of 4.75 - 5.25 l of water per 1 bag of Siltek M-4 (0.19 - 0.21 l per 1 kg of dry mix);
• gradually add dry mix and stir with a low-speed mixer to obtain homogeneous, pasty mass without lumps;
• leave the mixture for about 3 to 5 minutes, then stir again.
• using a trowel or steel putty knife apply mortar mix onto the contact surface and float (layer thickness depends on deviations of block geometry and shape );
• when laying blocks, do not press them strongly to the surface (they may be adjusted within 2 minutes, if necessary)
• period of commencement of mortar hardening depends on the type of blocks and atmospheric conditions;
• wash tools thoroughly upon completion or stoppage of work;
• paper bags with inner polyethylene layer. Net weight 25 kg.
• in undamaged packaging, on pallets, in dry place at temperatures not above 40 °C and air humidity not above 75%. Guaranteed shelf life is 12 months from manufacturing date indicated on the package.
• keep out of the reach of children;
• while working protect the respiratory system;
• avoid contact with skin;
• in case of contact with eyes rinse with clean water and, if necessary, seek medical advice.
• it is recommended to perform all work at the surface and air temperature of + 5 °C to +30 °C and relative humidity of 55-65%;
• do not use in gypsum block masonry;
• in the hot season it is recommended to moisten the block surface before masonry;
• the surface of the block before masonry should be free of ice deposits (additional heating possible). It is recommended to prepare mortar mix in plastic container using heated water (up to + 35 °C).
• the manufacturer guarantees conformance of Siltek M-4 Masonry Mix for Ceramic Blocks to stated specifications only subject to compliance with masonry technique, as well as compliance with the rules of transportation and storage;
• the manufacturer cannot be held responsible for the use of material for the purposes and under conditions not covered by these instructions. These instructions are for information purposes only and do not substitute professional training of the worker. When using material under conditions not stated in this technical specifications, it is necessary to conduct independently additional tests or consult the manufacturer.