WATER- AND FROST-RESISTANT
EASY TO USE
CAN BE USED AT LOW TEMPERATURES
|Maximum particle size||2.5 mm|
|Recommended seam thickness||
horizontal: 10-15 mm
vertical: 8-10 mm
|Mortar mix effective life *||at least 1.5 hour|
|Grade compressive strength after 28 days *||5 MPa||7.5 MPa||10 MPa|
|Freeze-thaw durability||at least
|Operating temperature||-30°С to +70°С|
|Dry mix consumption per 1 m3 of masonry||500 kg|
* Under normal conditions – temperature +20°С, relative air humidity 60%.
In the case of working under conditions other than normal the values may deviate from those given in the table.
building walls and partitions with ceramic and silicate bricks, for indoor and outdoor applications. Siltek M-1 (50,75,100) mix is efficient for laying quarry stone and for foundation and basement walling.
high quality cement PC I-500, graded aggregates, modifying additives.
Surface preparation (according to DSTU-N B А.3.1-23:2013, DSTU-N B V.2.6-212:2016):
• brick surface should be strong, with no considerable damage, and free from dust, dirt, oil and any substances that reduce adhesion.
Preparation of mortar mix by machine:
• prepare a mechanical unit according to Operating Instructions;
• set the desired water flow according to the proportion;
• supply mortar mix to the site using mixing pump or working vessel.
Preparation of mortar mix by hand:
• pour water in a clean working container at the rate of:
– 3.9 – 4.2 l of water per 1 bag of Siltek M-1-50 (0.13 – 0.14 l per 1 kg of dry mix);
– 4.2 – 4.8 l of water per 1 bag of Siltek M-1-75 (0.14 – 0.16 l per 1 kg of dry mix);
– 4.8 – 5.1 l of water per 1 bag of Siltek M-1-100 (0.16 – 0.17 l per 1 kg of dry mix);
• gradually add dry mix and stir with a low-speed mixer to obtain homogeneous, pasty mass without lumps;
• leave the mixture for about 3 to 5 minutes, then stir again.
• using a trowel or metal putty knife apply mortar mix onto the work surface (the thickness of the layer applied depends on the type and quality of bricks) and float;
• when laying bricks do not press them strongly to the surface taking into account mortar mix plasticity (they may be adjusted within 2 minutes, if necessary)
• recommended layer thickness between the bricks is 8 to 15 mm;
• period of mortar hardening depends on the type of bricks and weather conditions;
• wash tools thoroughly upon completion or stoppage of work;
• paper bags with inner polyethylene layer, net weight 30 kg, or silo with a volume of 22 m³.
• in undamaged packaging, on pallets, in dry place at temperatures not above 40 °C and air humidity not above 75 %. Guaranteed shelf life is 12 months from manufacturing date indicated on the package.
• keep out of the reach of children;
• while working protect the respiratory system;
• avoid contact with skin;
• in case of contact with eyes rinse with clean water and, if necessary, seek medical advice.
• it is recommended to perform all work at the surface and air temperature of + 5 °C to +30 °C and relative humidity of 55-65 %;
• do not use in laying products made of gypsum;
• in the hot season it is recommended to moisten the brick surface before masonry;
• the surface of the bricks before masonry should be free of ice deposits (additional heating possible). It is recommended to prepare mortar mix in plastic container using heated water (up to +35 °C).
• the manufacturer guarantees conformance of Siltek М-1 Masonry Mix to stated specifications only subject to compliance with masonry technique, as well as compliance with the rules of transportation and storage;
• the manufacturer cannot be held responsible for the use of material for the purposes and under conditions not covered by these instructions. These instructions are for information purposes only and do not substitute professional training of the worker. When using material under conditions not stated in this technical specifications, it is necessary to conduct independently additional tests or consult the manufacturer.