WATER- AND FROST-RESISTANT
HIGH COMPRESSIVE STRENGTH
EASY TO USE
|Maximum particle size||2.5 mm|
|Mortar mix effective life *||at least 1.5 hour|
|Recommended mortar layer thickness:||horizontal seam 10 to 15 mm
vertical seam 8 to 10 mm
|Grade compressive strength after 28 days *||10 MPa|
|Freeze-thaw durability||at least 75 cycles|
|Operating temperature||-30°С to +70°С|
|Dry mix consumption per 1 m3 of brickwork||about 450 kg|
* Under normal conditions – temperature +20°С, relative air humidity 60%.
In the case of working under conditions other than normal the values may deviate from those given in the table.
arranging colored seams when laying architectural elements of the building envelope (basements, arches, balustrades, cornices, etc.), external and internal walls of facade stone, sledged stones and other decorative masonry materials with water absorption of up to 10%.
high quality cement PC I-500, graded aggregates, modifying additives, color pigments.
Surface preparation (according to DSTU-N B А.3.1-23:2013, DBN V.2.6-22-2001):
• brick surface should be strong, with no considerable damage, and free from dust, dirt, oil and any substances that reduce adhesion.
Preparation of mortar mix by hand:
• pour water in a clean working container at the rate of 3.6 - 4.5 l of water per 1 bag of Siltek M-5 (0.12 - 0.15 l per 1 kg of dry mix);
• gradually add dry mix and stir with a low-speed mixer to obtain homogeneous, pasty mass without lumps;
• leave the mixture for about 3 to 5 minutes, then stir again.
• in case of decorative masonry using a trowel and special patterns (square section rails) to form uniform horizontal and vertical seams apply mortar mix onto the brick work surface (flat and header) and float it;
• when laying bricks do not press them strongly to the surface taking into account mortar mix plasticity (they may be adjusted within 2 minutes, if necessary)
• period of mortar hardening depends on the type of decorative material and weather conditions;
• lay the bricks horizontally on the pattern 1 to 1.2 m long then remove it and use for laying the next bricks for the same length;
• when forming vertical seams about 5 special templates are used that fit the length of the horizontal pattern (1 to 1.2 m);
• wash tools thoroughly upon completion or stoppage of work;
• protect the brickwork from rain within 24 hours, especially during the cold season;
• paper bags and the remains of the mortar should be disposed of as required by DSanPiN 2.2.7.029.
• paper bags with inner polyethylene layer. Net weight 30 kg.
• in undamaged packaging, on pallets, in dry place at temperatures not above 40 °C and air humidity not above 75%. Guaranteed shelf life is 12 months from manufacturing date indicated on the package.
• keep out of the reach of children;
• while working protect the respiratory system;
• avoid contact with skin;
• in case of contact with eyes rinse with clean water and, if necessary, seek medical advice.
• it is recommended to perform all work at the surface and air temperature of +5 °C to +30 °C
and relative humidity of 55 to 65%;
• in the hot season it is recommended to moisten the brick surface before masonry;
• to prevent mortar discoloration use only clean water from the same source;
• do not exceed the amount of water specified in these technical specifications as it may lead to a separation of mortar mix, reduce the physical and mechanical properties of the mortar and its discoloration.
• the manufacturer guarantees conformance of Siltek М-5 Colored Masonry Mix to stated specifications only subject to compliance with masonry technique, as well as compliance with the rules of transportation and storage;
• the manufacturer cannot be held responsible for the use of material for the purposes and under conditions not covered by these instructions. These instructions are for information purposes only and do not substitute professional training of the worker. When using material under conditions not stated in this technical specifications, it is necessary to conduct independently additional tests or consult the manufacturer.